Friday, January 7, 2011

the REAL reason

I think I have at least five different blogs floating around somewhere on the internet.  Why now, on my sixth blog, am I finally committing? Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am an inspiration [at least that's what my mom says]. But really, I think I am.
Let me tell you why :

1] I have Tourette Syndrome. Tourettes. TS. A tic disorder. Whatever you would like to call it.  I was diagnosed with TS [easier to abbreviate] when I was 9, so I've been living with it for over half of my life.  For those of you who don't know what TS is, it's an involuntary tic disorder.  Think about sneezing and how you can't control it; that's what my tics are like.  I can't control them, and yes, I'm fully aware when I'm ticing.  No, I don't tic when I sleep.  I roll my eyes, make weird facial movements, and mumble words under my breath.  In other words, I'm awesome.

2] I'm LDS. LDS = Latter Day Saint = Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints = Mormon.  I grew up going to church for 3 hours on Sunday [yes, I'm aware that's a long time] and during my 4 years of high school, I went to seminary, which is church for about an hour at 5:50 in the morning.  Yes, I went every single day of week.  Yes, I went all four years.  Yes, I slept through most of it [and sometimes my classes at school].  Yes, I'm a devout Mormon.  I've also never drank, smoked, or done drugs.  Honestly, how many other 19 year olds can say that?

3] Since June 28, 2010, I have lost 54 pounds.  Holy cow, you're probably saying.  How in the world did you do that and can you please tell me your secrets.  Yes, people reading my blog, I can.  It's quite simple : I stopped eating gluten/wheat/flour and dairy, I started on a thyroid pill, and I take an ADHD pill that curbs my appetite.  Wait, what?  You don't eat gluten or dairy!? No, people who may or may not be reading this, I don't.  I have a gluten intolerance, so basically every time I eat it, I get bloated, get flu-like symptoms, and am confined to my bedroom for hours/days.  Same thing with dairy.  Thyroid pill for my high thyroid, which made my appetite increased and metabolism decreased.  ADHD pill for my ADHD, so I can actually concentrate in school. YAY!  Ohhh right, back to the actual weight loss.  These 3 factors combined have helped me to lose over 50 pounds in a period of 5 months.  Holy crap, I'm awesome.

Ali, I spent 3.2 minutes reading those 3 reasons about why you think you're an inspiration, and I think you're awesome.  Thank you, random internet users. 

However, the REAL reason I finally decided to commit to this blog is for me.  I like to talk.  I like to write.  I like to be humorous.  I like to track my progress of my weight loss.  


Maybe you will be inspired by me.

3 comments:

  1. You inspire the crap out of me Ali. I love you to death. The fact that you have gone your entire life without doing what most people can't is amazing to me. That is some amazing willpower. You go through so much every day and have the most wonderful and positive outlooks on life. I freaking love you to death and I am so happy to call you one of my best friends =) I LOVE YOU!! and I am so very proud of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Stephanie. You are my inspiration Ali because no matter how many trials come your way, you stand up to those trials strong-willed, firm, and without a backward glance. Thank you for accepting people the way they are, even if they don't accept you back. By doing that you show me how full of love you are. You're amazing and I'm so glad that we were roommates and that we'll be friends forever <3
    LOVE YOU
    LOVE ME, RACHEL BLACK

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case you ever get to read this...know your blog has made it to Brazil :) keep it up, girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete