Friday, January 21, 2011

random words.

STORY OF THE DAY :
I went to IF with Traci and Kim yesterday.  Traci REALLY wanted the front seat, so she started running to the car even though I wasn't running.  She legit ate it and slipped on her bumbum.  It was totes worth sitting in the back seat.

I know most of you anxiously await each of every blogging posts.  First off, admirers, thank you for loving me and my blog, but mostly my blog.  Your comments make me feel even better about myself than I already feel.  That made no sense.  Basically, thanks for reading the result of my awesome & epic life.

Secondly, what should I write about in the future?  I feel like there are only so many things that I can talk about [tourettes, my weight, tourettes camp] before you peeps [not guys, because girls are reading this too] want to punch me in the face, or stop reading my blog.

Today is a day of random words :

Bras.
Speeding tickets.
Cream turtlenecks.
85 v. 33.
Georgia.
Missionaries.

NEW BRAS. I got new bras.  Male readers, skip this section.  Bras fit me; CUTE bras fit me.  I don't wear old lady full coverage ugly tan grandma bras.  I can now wear super duper cute bras from VS and not have my back fat accentuated when I wear a semi tight white shirt.  3 cheers for smaller everything!!!

SPEEDING TICKETS. Kim is a very conscientious driver.  She's been driving for almost 4 years and received her first ticket today.  The officer who gave her the ticket and was super nice and marked her down from 82 to 65.  Lesson learned : don't speed in Idaho.

CREAM TURTLENECKS. My dad, Robert, is an epic father.  He is the epitome of  selfless & generous.  He works numerous hours so that his bitches, I mean daughters, can have anything and everything they want.  He takes me shopping.  Honestly, who else's father does that?  I like shopping with him because he doesn't fool around : we'll go to a store and he'll pick out 12 things for me to try me.  If they don't look spectacular, he'll tell me. He doesn't waste time, and that's why I love shopping with him.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE shopping with Suzy, but usually it's all 3 girls yelling and screaming at each other because one wants to leave Urban Outfitters and go to Free People.  Shopping with Robert takes 40 minutes max.  Plus, he has super good fashion sense.  My father bought me a beautiful cream turtleneck from Banana Republic when we went shopping over Thanksgiving.  I wore that cream turtleneck today and looked like a million and half bucks.  See for yourself...

85 V 33. What in the shitaki mushrooms does that mean, Ali?  Well avid blog stalkers, I mean followers, it was 85 degrees in Agoura on Monday and 33 degrees in Rexburg.  It's times like these that make me question why I'm here.  Then I remember that it's because I'm a faithful and obedient daughter of God.  But 85 degrees in the middle of January?!  I guess I'm missing the sunshine even harder because it wasn't sunny during Christmas OR Thanksgiving break!! When I went home last December for Christmas, my mom commented on how white I was.  Side note, I'm Armenian [unless you couldn't figure that out by my last name] so I'm naturally tan and beautiful.  This lack of sunshine and vitamin D is starting to make me wish April came faster.  At the same time, I'm wanting to slow this semester down because I have unbelievable roommates, amazing classes, and fantabulous friends.  Life is sometimes so contradictory.

GEORGIA.  I know I semi promised not to talk about tourettes for a while, BUTTTT drum roll please... TOURETTES CAMP APPLICATIONS CAME OUT YESTERDAY!!! aka they're already posted o the internet and I filled it out last night instead of working on my Ethics paper [Mom, the paper got done-- I promise]  On July 2, hopefully, I will be on a plane to Georgia to spend 6 days with my Twitch and Shout family.  A week full of crazy tics, celiac cereal, warm rain, white balloons, and my East Coast friends is only 162 days away.  I definitely don't have a calendar where I cross off each day and have TOURETTES CAMP in huge letters taking up the entire month of July...


MISSIONARIES. Preface : my sunday school class/group of church friends/seminary class consisted of 2 girls and 8 boys.  Most of them are on missions now and it's an interesting phenomenon : 19 year old boys giving up 2 years of a normal lifestyle to preach the word of God.  My friend Brian leaves next Wednesday to Mexico [he'll spend 9 weeks in the MTC before].  I was skyping with him and I asked him how he felt about leaving and he said it's sad that this part of his life is over but he's so ready.  It's like the coming of age for Mormons.  Jews get fancy schmancy Bar Matizvah's and receive thousands of dollars as presents.  Catholics have confirmation and get oil on their forehead.  Mormons get called to a random state or country, leave behind their loved ones, pay to serve the Lord [living arrangements & such] and get doors slammed in their faces 20/6 [they don't do it on Sunday's].  Now that's dedication.

I'm sorry I haven't written in a while.  Between my Ethics & Accounting classes, I'm spending way too much time thinking.  

Last thought.  Don't you LOVE writing a paper on a subject you don't completely understand? Advice for today : don't take a 300 level Ethics class as your first Philosophy class.

"I appreciate people like you who appreciate people like me" <--- my thoughts towards EVERY SINGLE PERSON reading this.


No comments:

Post a Comment