Thursday, January 27, 2011

free people boots, a cute necklace, & interesting people.



STORY OF THE DAY :

the belt I always wear does not have enough holes in it aka it is officially to big.  SUCCESS!!!

So on Sunday I wore THE CUTEST OUTFIT KNOWN TO MANKIND -- no joke.




And then I on Wednesday I decided that I should dress up for hump day to show my appreciation for the week being half over!!!





Included in this outfit, as you can totes see, are free people boots and a cute necklace.  You can't really tell what the boots look like, but here's one fact you must understand -- I receive about 5 compliments from boys each time I wear them.  BOYS, people.  BOYS NOTICE ME AND COMPLIMENT MY BOOTS!!  Jeez, it's so cool be noticed!  The necklace was a gift from my sister, Erika.  She had that necklace and I LOVED it.  She let me wear it once and said it looked really good on me and that I could have it.  One fact that I forgot to mention : that necklace was her favorite.  That just proves that she's a FANFREAKINGTASTIC sister & I really do love her.


INTERESTING
What makes a person interesting?  Is it by the way they dress?  Their taste in music?  Their lifestyle?  Their religion?  The friends they hang out with?

To the naked eye, I may seem like a very interesting person.  I mean, I have tourettes, I carry around a 52 oz football-themed water jug everywhere I go, and I went to an all girls high school.  I HATE mainstream rap and hip-hip, I've never kissed a boy, and I go to a school where the curfew 6/7 nights of the week is 12 a.m.  Most would call that interesting; I call it a lifestyle.

I don't think I'm a very interesting person.  Yes, I can hold a conversation, complete with my opinion, and I do relatively well in school, but I'm not interesting.  When hanging out with friends, I usually don't have anything interesting to contribute to the conversation besides humor, jokes, and a swear word here and there.

To me, an interesting person is Christina.  Christina is one of my best friends who I had the opportunity of attending La Reina with.  She goes to Tisch [the film school at NYU], interned at Mosaic [a production company LA] this summer, worked at American Apparel, and usually reads up on current events.  I guess what I'm saying is that I find her interesting because she knows what she wants to do with her life -- instead of sitting in her apartment on Facebook, she goes out on the weekends and meets new people.  Whenever I'm with her, we always have something to talk about -- I'm never bored with her.  She bases her opinions on what she knows and believes, not what other people tell her is right.

I actually go back to what I said two paragraphs ago -- I am interesting.  We all hear the phrase "everyone is different in their own special way".  Maybe Barney or Mr.Rogers said that, I forgot.  My point is that everyone is interesting in their own unique way.  I'm unique because I have tourettes.  I'm different and I go to BYUIdaho and I went to an all girls school. I'm special because I just am -- I'm Ali Mahterian and I wouldn't change a thing.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you're interesting. I love you.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is gorgeous - I have seen her wear it. But, umm....can I know where you got that mustard color sweater? Because I am lovin it. And it is a really cute outfit - both of them. You are so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete