Monday, January 17, 2011

I never thought that...

... I would lose 50+ pounds.  I don't think ANYONE thought I would/could do it, for that matter.
... I would actually be living with Kim.  Kim is one of my best friends and we're very different.  I [think I] get on her nerves 89.5% of the time, and yet she still agreed to live with me.  I love it.
... I would be prom queen.  Yes, I did graduate in '09.  Yes, I'm aware that I'm a Sophomore in College.  Yes, I'm still reliving my glory days.  Senior year in high school I wanted 2 things -- to be prom queen and to be voted class clown.  I never, in 100259872389572 years, thought that I would get one of those honors, let alone both.  Ladies and gentes, you are reading the blog of the 2009 La Reina High School prom queen AND class clown. 
... I would get an A in Business Law.  Okay, it's an A-, but we're not counting the minus.  Last semester, Fall 2010, I took B275 aka Business Law.  The first day of that class, I was so lost and confused; I even contemplated dropping the class.  Approximately 14 weeks later, I finished the class with an A.  Holy crapola.  
... I could last 3 weeks without eating gluten & dairy.  I haven't [deliberately] eaten gluten or dairy since June 29, 2010.  I think that's like 202 days, but I definitely didn't just use the calculator on my phone to check.
... Tourettes camp would change my life. My mom kept pestering me to fill out the volunteer form for months, and finally I did.  Mom, you're the person I owe this experience to. Camp Twitch & Shout, aka the Tourettes camp most of you have heard about,  was THE BEST WEEK OF MY LIFE.  I know everyone says that about every camp experience they have, but seriously.  Imagine a camp you can go to where 95% of the people have tourettes and no one judges you.  Imagine being able to tic without having to explain yourself to others.  Imagine adopting tics from your peers -- trust me, it happened coughcoughcalebcoughcough.  Tourettes camp is the one week during the entire year where kids with tourettes can go and be themselves.  Most of these kids go to schools where they're the only ones with TS; they are judged and made fun of constantly by their peers.  At camp, no one judges you!  You can be yourself!  I know this sounds way over-exaggerated to most of you, but you have no idea what it's like.  Oh, and the people I met there helped make it even more fantastic :]
... I would be the girl obsessing about her looks.  Most of you who knew me growing up know that I love comfort -- my ideal outfit would be my baggy sweatpants and a white v-neck.  If I could wear that every day, I would.  Now that I've lost the weight of a kindergardener, I can fit into clothes.  Cute clothes, I might add.  For my 4 years of high school, I wore a uniform, so I never had to worry about picking out an outfit each morning before school.  Now that I'm in college, I actually have to pick out an outfit.  Let me tell you, it's hard.  The new Ali now wakes up 70 MINUTES before class to pick out her outfit [well, 30 of those minutes are spent laying in bed trying to wake up] and actually looks cute.  I've included some of my adorable outfits for all ya'll to see [that ya'll was for my roomie Sarah from North Carolina]  Now, I'm not one of those girls who takes pictures in the mirror; I DESPISE those girls.  That being said, I ask my friends to take them for me.  I have some in the bathroom, my classroom, my hallway, and one day I was super desperate, so I took a mirror pic.  I know, I know, I'm doing the sign of the cross right now in hopes of being forgiven.




"Accept everything about yourself.  I mean everything.  You are you, and that is the beginning and the end.  No apologies, no regrets"
-- Clark Montanas

2 comments:

  1. wow ali...you look AMAZING. you should be SO PROUD of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm your sunday outfit makes me want to die you are so cute.

    ReplyDelete