Friday, February 4, 2011

suzy & robert

For those of you who don't know my parents, get to know them. I'm obsessed with them.  [I've been using obsessed a lot.  Guess I'm obsessed with obsessed.] They are the most selfless, generous, and amazing people out there.  Words can't describe how much I love them.  When I was younger I would watch their wedding video and marvel at 1] how my mom and I were identical as toddlers & 2] their unconditional love for each other. 


Their story is one I never get tired of hearing.  & it goes like this [to my knowledge]


S was an intern at the UCLA medical center.  R was an artchitect who helped design medical centers.  S worked as a psychiatric nurse and AIDS researcher in her former life.  She was a jew.  R was a tall dark and handsome graduate from Berkley who met S while at UCLA.  S thought R was a nice jewish boy when they met.  S & R became great friends and then R decided to go on a mission.  While R was on the mission, S wrote him.  They wrote back and forth like great friends do.  S's grandpa, whom she was very close with, passed away.  She was very sad and asked R what happened to people after they died.  R suggested S go talk to the missionaries.  She did.  When R came back from Italy, they were inseparable.  They were just best friends and loved hanging out.  Everyone asked them if they were dating and they laughed and said they were just BFF.  On December 29, 1989, S took R out to dinner for his 28th birthday.  They were just chit-chatting and then the conversation stopped.  S asked "anything else?" and R said "marry me".  The following May [in 1990], they were married in my grandparents backyard by a Rabbi & a Bishop.  S was baptized somewhere in that time period.  A arrived in November of 1991, and they were sealed as a family, for time and all eternity, in the Los  Angeles temple.  E came along 18 months after A, and J 22 months after E.  S worked until A was 5, and then retired and decided to focus on raising her 3 girlies and being the best mother possible.  She succeeded.  R worked at UCLA full-time and decided he wanted to start his own business closer to his family.  He did.  R & S have been married for almost 21 years.  They accept each other for their flaws, laugh at each others quirks, and are the epitome of what I want my future to look like.


This just goes to show that you marry your best friend.  S, I know you're reading this.  I want you to know that I love you with all of my heart.  We've become even closer while I've been away at college, and I'm so happy we have a fantastic relationship.  I'm sorry I call you so much, I just miss you & love hearing your voice [and C barking in the background].  R, I love you too.  You are so hard working and selfless.  You married the best of the best.  R & S, I love you more that words can describe.  This post doesn't do either of you justice.


S & R

 R & A

J & E

J

E

S
xx A

1 comment:

  1. Not 100% sure why but that post made me cry! Love your whole family. I am so lucky I know you all!

    ReplyDelete