Sunday, February 20, 2011

criss cross apple sauce.

First things first -- I just came to the realization that [by some miraculous chance] if I ever become facebook friends with beautiful boy from open mic night, he might see my blog.  If he sees that post I wrote about him, he might think I'm a stalker.  Yikes.


At La Reina, I had a religion teacher -- Mrs.Moore.  We wore our little plaid school-girl skirts and really didn't care about the way we were sitting in our desk.  The smart girls, like myself, wore spandex or boxers so if we wanted to slump like a boy, we could.  Whenever someone had their legs open a little too wide, Mrs.Moore would say "book report", and we would know to shut our legs and sit ladylike.  I think I learned more about "acting properly" than I did about The Bible.


Fact 1 : A proper lady should always cross their legs when wearing skirts or dresses so no one can see your...stuff.
Fact 2 : When you are a little larger than usual, this is a problem.
Fact 3 : I, Ali Mahterian, can FINALLY cross my legs.


Crossing my legs has always been an issue.  Since I go to church every Sunday, I wear a dress or skirt.  Sitting down for 3 hours when you can't cross your legs is awkward.  I've tried, and mastered, the whole wear-the-longest-dress-in-my-closet-so-i-can-get-away-with-not-crossing-my-legs approach and the put-my-long-peacoat-over-my-legs-so-i-don't-flash-anyone approach.  Those 2 approaches have worked for me, until now, because, drumroll please, I no longer have to use them; I can cross my legs!  Actually, when I sit down, it's my preferred method of choice!  I cross my legs at devotional, at church, at restaurants, sometimes during class, and whenever I get the chance to.  Why?  Because I have to make up for lost time.  I couldn't cross my thighs for about 4 years, so now I have to work extra hard to get them up to normal.  Oh, the perks of being [almost] skinny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment