Wednesday, February 9, 2011

as my world is changing...

as my world is changing, i've come to realize many things.


i've come to realize that :


boys could potentially like me.
I know I'm going out on a whim, but it's definitely a possibility.  A 15% possibility, as opposed to the .015% possibility it was 6 months ago.  I mean, really, who wouldn't love me?  I know I talked about this in the blog post below, and I pretty much bashed the male gender, BUT WHO THE HELL WOULND'T LOVE ME!?!  I always have this joke that I tell people.  It goes like this : Boys are easy to be friends with.  Girls are hard to be friends with.  Boys are hard to like.  Thus, the fourth principle in this statement would be that girls are easy to like.  Trust me, it's a logical argument.  Sadly, I will not be batting for the other team because Grey's Anatomy has me scared for life.  Yikes.  But I'm definitely counting on a boy liking me sometime in the near future.  *Finger Crossed*  I, Ali Mahterian, could have a boy like me.
i might fit in into a bikini this summer.
Again, I know I'm totally thinking too much in the future.  Currently, when I sit in the bathtub I have my permanent food baby aka MY FAT hanging out for myself to see.  Exposed.  Vulnerable.  Naked.  This summer, hopefully, I will be able to not only fit in to a bikini, but have the courage and self confidence to do so.  I think it's a definite possibility.  I, Ali Mahterian, will be a confident and sexy woman in my bikini this summer.   Gahl, I love life
i can go shopping with my stick-thin friends.
Picture this.  5 girls shopping.  4 of these girls weigh around 120 pounds and can shop at whatever store they want and fit into anything and everything.  1 of these girls weighs just a little more, okay fine maybe 80 pounds more, and can barely fit in XXL at Target.  True life situation?  Yes, my blog stalkers.  That was my situation.  I have stick thin friends -- it's a fact that they're gorgeous and tiny.  When I went shopping with them, it was awful.  They'd be like "ohmygosh let's go in Hollister and I'll try on the size 00 jeans and fit in them!!!" [but let's get real -- who shops at Hollister anymore?]  Over-exaggerated point proven once again.  Over Christmas, I went shopping with my BFF ANnie.  We went to stores and we both tried things on.  I fit into normal clothes!! I fit into a Large at Forever21!!! A generic Large.  I, Ali Matherian, former obese whale, fit into a generic large article of clothing.  Let me just try to take it all in.
i don't have to shop at fat girl stores ever again.
Goodbye, Torrid aka Fat Girl Store.  Annie & I would go shopping at the local mall and there's a Torrid that would captivate me each and every time we walked by.  It would nuzzle its way into the crevice of my fat stomach and leave me feeling sick with the fact that that's the only store where I could fit in anything.  Now, I am happy to announce that I can shop at Banana Republic, Urban Outfitters, JCrew, Free People, Nordstroms, and Anthro and ACTUALLY FIT IN THE CLOTHES!! My size 12 dress that I previously bought it too big.  A SIZE 12 IS TOO BIG!!!  It's a lot to take in.  I, Ali Mahterian, will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER shop in a fat girl store again.
the relationships with my sisters has changed immensely.
Most of you know that I don't get along with my sisters.  Or should I say I didn't get along with them.  Erika and I are 18 months apart, and then Erika and Julia are 22 months apart.  Erika is a beautiful, thin, blonde-hair, blue-eyed beauty who is a social butterfly.  Everyone loves her.  She loves everyone.  She played water polo and got an A in Calculus. She also has impeccable fashion sense. Julia is a 120 pound 5'5 [?] varsity soccer player with no ounce of fat on her body.  She is Sophomore class president and is the creative and innovative one in our family.  In Middle School she decided she wanted to make duct tape wallets and sell them.  She made over $500.  She also decided, on New Years Eve, that she wanted to make a skirt to wear to a church New Years Eve dance.  She made one in about 2 hours.  We're all very different and we kind of disagree on most everything.  Ever since I've lost the weight, Erika offers to pick out outfits for me [in exchange for letting her borrow some of my fabulous clothing] and let me wear some of her accessories.  She had this BEAUTIFUL necklace that I wore and loved; it was her favorite necklace.  She told me to keep it.  I'm still in shock.  Her favorite necklace is now hanging on my necklace mannequin.  I love her and am so grateful for her.  I should probably tell her that more often.  I, Ali Mahterian, have a good relationship with my sisters.
i can actually dress in cute clothes.
Now that I can shop at normal clothing stores, I can dress in normal clothes.  As you've seen from my previous posts with my amazing outfits, I have great fashion sense.  Well, sometimes.  Traci Ream helps me pick them out when I have a brain fart.  See, Traci, here's your credibility.  I have jeans and cute sweaters and shoes and more shoes and cute shirts and I'm one hot tamale.  I, Ali Mahterian, can dress in clothes.


I've come to realize that my life is awesome.  Life is good, life is great, life is wonderful.  If any of you just caught that movie reference, good for you.  I've come to realize that what people say doesn't matter.  I am me, and I am unique.


xx ALi



1 comment:

  1. boys are overrated. i agree become a lesbian. just kidding.
    love that you have a relationship with your sisters, always knew you would.
    love your post about your parents love story and could picture the entire thing as i read it.
    love your skinny little guts!

    ReplyDelete