Friday, February 11, 2011

lunch tables.

At La Reina [which I will from here on out refer to as LR], your group of friends was known as your lunch table.  Hope, Alex, Daniella, Christina [with Lydia, Amanda, and Emily periodically] were the group of girls I sat with 11th and 12th grade; they were GORGEOUS.  They still are.  They were always there for me and will always have a special place in my heart.  But anyways, they were my group of friends -- my table.  Whenever the girls would talk about hanging out and having a party, we always would invite a table, because that's who they were.  The group of girls who sat with each other was your table. 


Now there are some table rules that you should know :
[1] Once you have your table, it's unheard of to switch.  
[2] You only go to another table if your previous table votes you off the island [or all shun you]
[3] You always have your table mates back.  Always.
[4] Exceptions may be made if you really don't like her and you just allow her to sit there because she has no one else. [I have been in this situation.  It sucks]
[5] Always remember your table mates birthday.  Always.
[6] Always bake for her/bring her flowers/make her a poster.  Always.
[7] You pretty much only hang out with your table outside of school.
[8] If there is an argument occurring between table mates, be prepared to take sides.
[9] If for some reason you do switch tables, you will be the talk of the patio.
[10] Once your table has claimed their table on the Senior patio [on the first day of school] don't try to jack others tables.  It will result in a war and the table who was there first will always win.  Always.


For people who didn't go to LR, this probably makes about as much sense as the Health  Care Bill.  For those LR girls, you're going YES YES YES THIS IS SO EFFING TRUE!!


These are only a few of the many rules you had to follow.  During lunch you usually sat and talked with your table for the entire 50 minute period.  Now I, being the social butterfly I was, would wander from table to table during lunch to say hi and chit-chat with everyone.  People loved me and welcomed me with open arms.  If there was a birthday going on and my table wanted cake, they would send me to get some.  Because chances are I was friends with the birthday bitch.


Now my table ladies were all exquisitely beautiful size 0s with no food issues.  They would bring their container of lettuce [and the occasional olive, if they were feeling adventurous] and enjoy it.  They would savor that lettuce while I drank my rice protein shakes and hated life.  When there was something delicious on the cafeteria menu [like burritos] they would buy them.  They would take little nibbles and put the burrito down during bites and make conversation.  While they did this, I scarfed that burrito down in 4.76 minutes flat and scavenged for some more food.  When I was on one of my "diets", I would look at the enchiladas and CRAVE them so badly.  What I wouldn't do for an enchilada.


Every now and then, we would go out to dinner.  While they ordered salads and split entrees, I ordered the fattiest thing on the menu.  If we went to Cheesecake Factory, I would get the chicken quesadilla with a piece of carrot cake cheesecake for desert and eat it all.  Every single last bite.  I loved food.


Notice how I said "loved".  My life doesn't revolve around food anymore; it is the weirdest/coolest/most awesome thing ever.  I now can go out to dinner, order a chicken breast, and be satisfied.  Then again, if I ordered anything with cheese or gluten I would be on the toilet for days.  But really.  When my roommates cook meals that I can't have, I'm fine with it.  They bake sometimes and apologize for not cooking something I can eat.  Then they tell me that whatever they're eating sucks [although I know for a fact it doesn't] so I won't feel bad about not being able to eat it.  But guess what stalkers, I DON'T CRAVE THEM!!  One of the girls made cake balls for another's birthday.  They looked divine.  But I had no desire to eat them.  None at all.  Oh, Ali, you're learning.




Now I fit in with the exquisitely beautiful girls.  And it feels fabulous.


xx ALi

No comments:

Post a Comment