Thursday, November 10, 2011

how to win me over.

i, ali mahterian, am not a complex person.  there are very few things that i truly hate.  i'm pretty optimistic, outgoing, and funny [although my mom tells me i need to stop reminding people how funny i am].  want to know how to win me over, boys?  here are some things you should probably know :

[1] i thrive off compliments.  compliment the hell out of me.  tell me i look pretty when i least expect it.  give me a random compliment every time you see me.  the more you compliment me, the more beautiful i feel.  but please mean it.  
[2] although i may seem extremely confident, i have very little.  if i say something self critical, don't assume it's because i'm finishing for compliments -- i legitimately have very little self-esteem.  please be a booster and make me feel like i'm worth something.
[3] i'm a very rare breed -- i'm blunt, sarcasm is my second language, and i might swear more than a sailor.  i'm not going to play games with you because that's not the kind of girl i am.  i love talking, so let me talk.  when i become interested in something you have to say, i will listen with all my heart; i genuinely am intrigued by your stories.  some of them, at least.  if you say something, chances are i'll remember it.  i love math and i'm kind of a nerd.  moral of the story?  appreciate my uniqueness.  i can guarantee you'll never meet anyone like me.  ever.
[4] while most girls swoon over guys who play the guitar [and i will admit i do love it sometimes], the piano is my favorite instrument.  if you can play the piano [extra bonus if you can sing, too] i might fall a little bit more in love with you.  also, if you like ben folds half as much as i do, you also just earned yourself 50 points.
[5] actions speak louder than words.  if you tell me you're going to do something, please do it.  if you say something, mean it.
[6] invite me over to hang out with you and your friends.  if you feel comfortable enough to invite me and my obnoxiously loud self over to hang out with you and your bros, it shows me that you think i'm awesome.  
[7] i'm a chubby chaser.  i like bigger guys.  if you're skinny as a stick, don't feel offended.  don't rule yourself out either.  but i'm just sayin if i had the choice between a guy with a 6 pack and a guy with a layer of fat from a 6 pack over his 6 pack, i might pick the later.
[8] 5 words --> linger when you hug me.  
[9] good-morning texts are probably one of my favorite things.  if you want to win me over, send me a little text for me to wake up to.  my gahl, i can't tell you how much i would appreciate that.
[10] laugh at my jokes.  and i mean really laugh at my jokes.  not a pity laugh, but a good "ho ho ho" santa kind of laugh.  on the flip side, make ME laugh.  my gahl, there is nothing more attractive than a funny guy who isn't a douche-bag. 
[11] don't try to change me.  i'm fully aware that i'm not the skinniest girl, the prettiest girl, or the smartest girl.  but i am as unique as a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry.  i embrace my quirkiness and i don't really care what people think about me.  i really mean that.

if you know anyone who fits these criteria [or if you, yourself, are interested in applying for this position]  please leave me a comment in my comment box.  i also love comments.
forgot this one. [12] 

xoxo alikat




1 comment:

  1. If I was a boy, I would leave you a comment and tell you how absolutely beautiful, kind, sincere, unique and witty you are. But I'm not. So I won't.

    ReplyDelete