Saturday, November 19, 2011

daddy's girl

ever since i was born, i've been close to my dad.




things i like about my dad:
[1] he is super encouraging.
[2] he is the hardest working man i know.
[3] he is very fashion forward and stylish. 
[4] while he may seem very dry at first, he's one of the funniest [and most inappropriate] men i know.
[5] he puts up with my sisters and i.  
[6] he loves my mom more than anyone in the world.
[7] best vacation planner ever.
[8] he is very motivating.  and honest.  if i'm not doing my best, he'll be sure and let me know.
[9] he owns at the piano.  he'll randomly play the piano at our house, and the sound of the classical music just makes me melt. 
[10] he plays on his ipad during church and "takes himself out of sacrament meeting" when he needs some fresh air/the high council speaker is uber boring.
[11] he is the number one guy in my life.
[12] he bought me flowers one valentines day.
[13] he always loves to snuggle.
[14] speaking of snuggling, when i was a wee little baby he would carry me around in his bathrobe with my head sticking out of the neck to get me to fall asleep.
[15] he always expects the best from me.  
[16] he is so spiritual and doesn't let the culture of the church influence his testimony of the gospel.
[17] he lets me drive his BMW just for funsies.
[18] he loves going on daddy daughter dates to very nice restaurants.
[19] he is a fast shopper.  in an out, as he says.
[20] he doesn't take crap from no one.






ollie, i love you so much.  thank you for being the best dad a girl could ask for.  


xx ALi

1 comment:

  1. Ali, excuse me for stalking you - er, I mean, reading your blog - but I just had to comment on this entry. I have a daughter, too (2 of them, actually) and I have a picture of me with my oldest, who is now 15, laying on my chest just like you are with your dad in your picture here. I have a good relationship with my daughter, which is good since she's almost dating age, and I think it's important that she can talk to me about stuff as she hits those critical years.

    In addition - I can agree with nearly everything you said about your dad. Most of it doesn't surprise me. You see, he was an AP in my mission, and I had the privilege of serving in the mission office with him for a few months in 1988. I was a couple years older than most of the elders, a convert of a very short time when I came into the mission, and your dad was a relief from the usual cookie-cutter 19-year-old Utah standard-issue elders. Gotta love 'em, but a smart-ass Californian with a dry sense of humor and a slightly irreverent attitude about almost everything was a breath of fresh air I very much needed. I'm sorry if I was sometimes a thorn in his side, because I certainly learned a lot from him and enjoyed his company immensely.

    You're a lucky young woman, growing up with Rob. I can now pull out my phone to play solitaire during boring sacrament meeting talks and have an extra sense of solidarity with my old mission friend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete