Wednesday, March 16, 2011

oh, life.

oh, life.  you treat me way too well.


my life rocks.  let me tell you why :


my family is made up of rockstars
-- as i mentioned before, my little sister got into the real BYU.  well, yesterday she found out she got into northeastern!!!  northeastern is a [prestigious] university located in boston.  i'm so freaking proud of her! my little sister is one of the smartest, most hardworking girls i know.  she got an A in calculus and physics.  really now.  who in the heck is smart enough to [1] take [both] calculus & physics during senior year , [2] do well in them , & [3] get into Northeastern.  my mind is seriously still blown.
-- my other little sister, little little sister, is getting her license in about 3 weeks.  i can't believe that mahterian girl #3 is going to be driving [1] in 21 days [but who's counting] & [2] before mahterian girl #2 [who is going to be 18 in 3ish months].  millie, you are too wonderful for words.
my weight loss journey is still [slowly] continuing
-- my corduroy pants i bought over thanksgiving break [or that my dad bought for me] are fitting perfectly.  i have no muffin top in them.  they are on the verge of becoming too big.  my size 31 , 100% cotton pants [WITH NO ELASTICITY] are fitting must right.  goody goody gumdrops.
-- my weight is going down slower and slower.  but my clothes are fitting better and better.  funny story.... so the orangish dress in the post below this one was a christmas present for myself.  i put it on last sunday for stake conference hoping that i would look decent enough to go to church.  i didn't want to dress to impress because i had no one to impress.  but i put it on and everyone and their mother raved about me in it and told me i looked stunning/phenomenal/too beautiful for words/extraordinarily thin.  so that dress looked normal on me.  for a girl who could barely fit into an XXL 7 months ago, it was like christmas.  but better.
school and classes are going phenomenally
-- accounting is going extremely well.  although i'm not getting the best test grades in that class, i love it.  i LOVE accounting.  last week, as i was taking an accounting test and working the problems, i was loving every second!  like i enjoyed using my [enormous] brain to figure out the value of LIFO under the perpetual inventory system!  i definitely think i'm going into the right career.
-- you know those times when you think so hard that your brain starts to hurt?  like you literally feel your muscles [in the brain?] working at full speed?  yea, some of you know that feeling.  that is the feeling i get before/during/after my ethics class.  best class ever.  i find an extreme amount of happiness and pleasure in learning about concepts i've never heard of before.  in my ethics class, i have learned more than i have in any other class.  i partially owe [all of] that to my teacher, brother baron.  i highly recommend that class to EVERYONE. it's not an easy A class at all. i am struggling to pull a B.  but the lessons and different ways of thinking that you learn from the class make you wish every 60 minute class period was 5 times as long.




every single time i call my mom she says "we all miss your blog posts! keep posting!"  so, suzy, you're the reason i keep blogging in my stressfulness of school, sickness, and tics.


"things have always been harder for me.  but that's never stopped me, and it never will"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ali! I just want to let you know that I love your blog and I love you! I think you are an amazing person and I love reading about this fabulous journey you are on... it makes me happy. You have a beautiful perspective!

    xoxo
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete