Thursday, March 24, 2011

i am my own inspiration.

life is an interesting phenomenon.
& i am my own inspiration.




i cannot tell you how often i hear the phrase "i wish i had a boyfriend",or something similar to that, from my girl friends. [notice that it's 2 words, not one.] i, myself, am quite guilty of saying that phrase maybe eight, or three hundred, times a day.  what i've come to realize is that i don't want a boyfriend as much as i want to be loved.  not by my mom [whose love is the best] or my dog [who loves me when i feed her or i'm sick] or my family or friends.  mark twain, in the quote above, hit the nail on the head.  i desire to be desired -- irresistibly desired.


before i lost the weight, i legitimately thought that people would fall in love with my personality.  for reals.  i actually still believe it.  although someone hasn't asked for my hand in marriage yet, i am so much more confident.  when i make a joke about how good looking i am, or how every boy is in love with me, i actually mean it.  well, semi.


this semester, i am fortunate, as is my whole apartment, to have the best fhe brothers.  they're great and i actually look forward to going to fhe each week.  i'm not sure i can say the same for the boys. but anyways, one of our brothers is engaged.  his fiance is staying in the spare room in our apartment, and she's amazing. i LOVE her.  love love love.  this morning, after i woke up, my roommate told me that tegan, the fhe brother, came over around 7:30 to say good morning and give his finance a kiss.  how cute is that!?!?!?


one day someone [besides my mom and dog] will love me.  he'll love me for the amazing, tourettes inflicted, sailor mouth, obsessive, fashionista, extremely talkative self i am.


& and i can't wait for that day.

1 comment:

  1. Ahem, a boy SHOULD fall in love with your personality, because it is amazing. And someone will. Some smart boy will come along who will know he cannot live without that personality. Just as the rest of us cannot live without it.

    ReplyDelete