Monday, February 13, 2012

oh, happy day!

HAPPY MONDAY!
first things first, let me apologize for the recent semi-negative and pessimistic posts.  i was feeling down on myself [but i'm a girl and that's what we do best] and i felt like having a public pity party.  but negative nancy i am no more and optimistic ollie back!


here's why my week [thus far] rocks:
[1] i read my scriptures and said a little prayer last night [and boy, what a difference that can make!]
[2] i woke up to a wonderful surprise in my e-mail box -- a letter from Aldste Hart!  a really good family friend, who my family and i have grown up with, is on a mission in sweden.  he has been gone for about 7 months [only 17 more to go!!] and he is missed dearly.  jack is preaching the gospel of jesus christ of latter day saints to those lucky swedes.  he is allowed to e-mail his family once a week on his p-day.  i have been getting his e-mails every week from the start of his mission and they always brighten my day.  jackson hart is an amazing individual who has such a strong spirit and testimony.  getting back to my original point-- i wrote him a brief e-mail last night because i hadn't heard from him in awhile and when i woke up this morning, i was more than overjoyed to hear from my friend!  what a perfect way to start a perfect day of a perfect week!
[3] on my trek to my doctrine in covenants class, i was fortunate enough to cross paths with one of my many friends, scott hulme.  he is the lucky feller who gets to travel with me in europe for 3 1/2 weeks on that european humanities tour i told y'all about many moons ago.  it was lovely to see him.
[4] i got an 81% on my cost accounting test.  yes, it was a miracle of miracles.  i am extremely elated with this grade.
[5] i've finished most of my intermediate financial accounting homework for tomorrow!  after FHE i get to go to the gym!


i hope tomorrow is as good as today!


and here it is-- the picture update.  karrie and kim always make fun of me for my poses [there are about 4 of them], so i have to make up new ones.


advice for the day: BE HAPPY!  why be a miserable pessimist when you have a wonderful life filled with people who love you?!


xoxo ollie the optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment