Saturday, December 10, 2011

no good deed goes unpunished.

business class. 3:15-4:45. MW. not my favorite class. it's my last class of the day, last of 4 classes, and it's dark by the time i'm done. as i was packing up my bag after the first day of presentations, a friend put a note on my desk.  it said, "i think you are awesome, ali.  the best part of this class has been the feeling of acceptance i have felt from you.  my group has always undermined me in one way or another and i've felt like i didn't matter to any of them.  i'm grateful that you have taken the time to learn my name, invite me to your birthday party, and say hi to me.  i'll miss you next semester."


do you know how much that made my day? i think i'm still smiling. i am a firm believer that you should treat others as you want to be treated, and it's little instances like this that show you that your actions never go unnoticed.  in middle school i was the girl who had very few friends and appreciated when someone took time out of their [busy] social life to ask me a few questions about my day.  these people probably don't know the impact they've had on me, but to them i say thank you.


even if you don't realize it, most all of your actions go noticed by one individual or another.  it's comforting to know that there are still some people who still appreciate the little things in life -- the little comments, the little questions, and the little actions.  


no good deed goes without being notice, ladies [and gentlemen].  if you ever have doubts about asking someone about their day or inviting them to get lunch with you, just do it -- you never know what struggles they're going through.  


happy finals week.


xx ALi

1 comment: