Sunday, September 11, 2011

start of something new.

"it's the start of something new / it feels so right to be here with you", sing gabriella and troy in the first high school musical.  well, ladies and gents, they do have a point.  the start of a new school year is just around the corner [school starts tomorrow] and i'm so excited for what this new semester has in store!  


while i legitimately am excited for actual school to start, i'm also excited for my social life.  i am a blossoming butterfly in the school of social-ness.  i really love meeting new people and having a whole semester to make friendships that hopefully last longer than 2 weeks.  i mean, what better way to make friends than bonding over the multiple social attractions rexburg has to offer!?  there's the potato fields... and that's about it.  awkward.


i've meet all of my roommates, and i am happy to report that they are spectacular!  I LOVE MY ROOMMATES.  they are absolutely wonderful and i think we'll get along super well.  scratch that -- i KNOW we will get along super well.  positive reinforcement usually brings good juju, so i'm going to hope for the best. i think the moment i knew i loved them [i know, it's only been a few days and i'm already dropping the L bomb] was when i told them i had tourette's and might swear.  they just laughed, and said "that's fine".  one of them, morgan, said "kay, good, because i swear sometimes too.  and i don't even have tourette's."  so all of the pre-semester jitters are gone!  now i just have to survive my first day at school...


also on another positive note : it's great to be back in my apartment complex with friends i met last year.  one thing that i hate is meeting cool people at the end of the semester, thus not having an adequate amount of time to secure a special place in their heart.  now that i'm back [and cooler than ever] i can rekindle these flames of friendship and hang out with these awesome people even more!  oh my goodness, my excitement can hardly be contained!


and now, a pre-semester prayer.


rexburg, please be good to me this semester.
please allow me to be a drop dead gorgeous bombshell that multiple guys admire.
also help me to do well in my classes.  
i'd like to ask that my stomach act semi-normal and that i don't get too sick.
and please keep the snow away.  far, far away.


amen.  xx ALi



1 comment:

  1. Ali, I love your pre-semester prayer. I might have to copy you! Good luck in school this year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete