Thursday, April 7, 2011

two days in a row.

surprise, i'm back for day two in a row of blogging during this hectic finals/packing week.  man, i rock.


i REALLY like acoustic music, especially acoustic covers of songs i already love.  there are these two boys [justin & michael] who literally blow my mind every single time i hear them.  i have them downloaded on my i-tunes, and they play on repeat 85% of the time.  oh dear lordy, i LOVE them.


listen and love for yourself.  
DISCLAIMER : you don't need to watch the music video in order to get the full effect -- actually, don't even watch the video at all.  just listen to their epic-ness.


FAVORITES :


half of my heart -- originally sung by john mayer & t-swift.  this version blows their version out of the water.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2hlphf9sNo

slow dancing in a burning room -- also originally sung by john mayer. justin and michael are 1029384756 times BETTER than john, and that says something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99dIJiamkBU&feature=related


you know how everyone and their mother plays guitar?  and how girls fall in love with [pretty much] any guy who sounds half decent and writes songs?  that's how i feel about the piano.  i guess that's why i love ben folds so much.  but really, i'm slightly obsessed with piano players.  and if you have a great voice [and cover epic songs] i'm down to be your best friend. 


music is a way for me to escape.  i know that's how a lot of people feel, but it's true.  when i played the piano [which i regretfully stopped] i was in my own little world.  my tics would go away and i would literally be a different person.  that's why when i hear someone play the piano, i just want them to play for forever and a day.


don't stop doing something you love.  make time to improve [and keep] your talents.  i can barely play Fur Elise anymore, and i regret giving up piano more than anything.  


i love you . i love you . i love you . 


xx ALi

2 comments:

  1. LOVE JOHN MAYER ALI.
    p.s. let dooo something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should pick piano back up! It's never too late. I've learned that your interests are always there. for some reason I thought that once I had a baby my interests in music would go away and suddenly I would be interested in home improvement, crafts, and cooking. Nope. I am so much happier when I do what I love. Right now I am working on my music talent. It is love.

    ReplyDelete