Wednesday, March 21, 2012

apparently...

here's a conversation between my friend lindee and i:
L: ali, you don't blog enough
A: what?
L: i can't remember the last time you posted.  i mean, minus the one about camp you wrote a few days ago.
A: what's wrong with camp?

and that, ladies and gentleman, is the voice of my people- my followers- who want me to blog more.  so i have decided to give you random blurbits [blurbs + tidbits] of the exciting life of ali.  

ali [proper noun]: a 20 year old girl who is studying accounting at byu-i.  she has tourette's, thus making her awesome and a little bit loud at times [my friends and roommates would argue that i am super loud all the time].  here are 20 interesting facts about her: *told in first person by ali, the lady of the hour*
[1] like stated above, i am an accounting major.  before you scold me and ask if i am psycho, let me just say that I LOVE NUMBERS.  i love meticulous number work.  the conceptual aspect of accounting isn't my favorite, but give me a balance sheet and ask me to make a few journal entries, and i'll make sure your debits and credits are equal.
[2] i have come to the decision that if i could miraculously eat wheat and dairy for one meal, i would eat a chicken quesadilla from baja fresh.  or a cheeseburger on garlic bread from BJs.  or a frozen custard sundae from BRCs. can you tell i miss not having any food allergies?
[3] i'm already having a difficult time spewing random facts, and i'm only on number 3.  here we go.
[4] i am currently in like with simon and garfunkel and fleetwood mac.
[5] i have a difficult time being crafty because my OCD takes over and i end up destroying my artistic masterpiece if it has anything i deem "imperfect" about it.
[6] i haven't willingly watched a scary movie since 2006.  they give me nightmares.
[7] i only write with sharpie pens.
[8] i was training for a half marathon but shin splints cut that journey short.
[9] i played clarinet for 3 years in the middle school band.
[10] i really like writing poetry.  as weird as that sounds, i love it.  and not deep, emotional poetry, but funny quirky poems.
[11] my tics [involuntary movements caused by tourette's] are escalated by emotion.  when i'm uber stressed, they're uber bad.  when i'm relaxed, they're relaxed.
[12] i think i'm the funniest person i know.
[13] even though i live 15 minutes away from the beach i think i can count on one hand the times i went last summer.  that will be changing when i arrive home in may.
[14] i frequently get complimented on my handwriting.
[15] speaking of which, i absolutely love writing letters.  i wish people wrote letters more often.
[16] i could use a back massage right about now.
[17] my best friends and i have known each other since we were 18 months old.
[18] i would definitely want to be best friends with myself.
[19] if i could, i would live in running shorts.  or leggings.  i'm that girl who always wears leggings as pants.  sorry not sorry.
[20] i think at one point last year i had 14 different pairs of vans.

oh, here's a random story that you may or may not find entertaining...
i've had "yellow submarine" stuck in my head for the past few days.  but not the "we all live in a yellow submarine" part that everyone and their mother knows like the back of their hand.  no, i had the beginning stuck in my head - "in the land where i was born..."  ask my roommates.  i've been prancing around the apartment singing it at random times.  do they love it?  you bet your bottom dollar they do.

xoxo random ollie

1 comment:

  1. Oh ali I just love you and your blogs posts. thabks for consistenly being the funniest girl ever! I quite enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete