Tuesday, November 18, 2014

writing is therapy

realization #1 -- writing is therapy
realization #2 -- this blog just so happens to be some of my random daily happenings that are slightly embarrassing and also so typical for my life
realization #3 -- i could probably make a lot of money in correlation with my awkwardness
realization #4 -- life is interesting
realization #5 --  i am interesting

okay guys.  i've had some realizations -- many more than listed.  i've realized that i'm not "normal" (we could have a whole other conversation on "what is normal?", but we'll save that for...never).  i'm not saying that to pity myself or anything of that sort; i'm really not normal.  my brain is wired differently than most people's brains.  and you know what?  i'm totally okay with that.

for example, my brain is wired very literally -- if you say you're going to do something, do it.  my brain is just wired to think that way.  my brain is also wired to think that everyone will keep promises and treat you with the utmost respect.  and when people don't do that, i get super confused and start to shut down. again, it's not a bad thing; it's just the way i am.  i am wired to give people the benefit of the doubt, as people have given me the benefit of the doubt for all of my life. 

i am writing this not necessarily to vent, but to get some of my thoughts out on the internet (for everyone to see, i might add) and to just have a break between my programming class and programming homework.   i originally wanted to watch Suits, this epic new tv show, but my computer isn't allowing that to happen.

writing is my therapy.  i am able to get my thoughts out, which in turn clears my head and allows me to think.   thinking is one of my favorite things to do.  my brain especially likes to think late at night when i should be sleeping or studying or reading my scriptures.  

sister mahterian #2 comes home in about 2 1/2 weeks.   i'm so excited.  i haven't told her about how excited i am for her to come home because my dad kept doing that to me and it wasn't greatly appreciated.  but that's okay.  missions are the greatest things to ever happen.  if you're reading this, you should go on a mission.  if you're not reading this, check out lds.org and contemplate going on a mission.  it will change your life, just has it has changed mine.  

wow.  this is really quite a random blurb of useless information.  i actually hope no one sees this because then they will think i'm ADD.  which actually happens to be very true.  speaking of ADD and squirrels, my friend was driving me hope from class last week and we were talking about ADD and as i was leaving his car he stopped mid-sentence and said, "squirrel!"  i thought he was making fun of my ADD but he then said, "look, there really is a squirrel."  some things in life are too ironic and timing is too perfect.

now go think about what ADD moments have happened in your life recently :)

xox ADD ollie


No comments:

Post a Comment