Thursday, July 28, 2011

my random appreciation list.

i'm completely aware that i have an appreciation list on the side of my profile, but i wanted to make another one.  because i'm just so darn appreciative of everything in my life.


i'm grateful for :


[1] gluten free pizza.  since [1] pizza is my favorite food and [2] i can't have gluten, gluten free pizza just would seem logical to put on this list.  GF/DF pizza is the best.  i know most of you have tried my GF/DF pizza at some point in time and either hated it or secretly loved it [kim].  i haven't eaten normal pizza in about a year, and i don't really remember what it tastes like.  thus, GF/DF is one of my favorite things.  until i get sick of it, that is.


[2] OCD.  seems like an odd thing to be grateful for, doesn't it?  my ocd doesn't consist of washing my hands 400 times a day, being insanely clean, or flicking the light switch an even number of times before i go into a room.  what it does include is paying extreme attention to detail, re-copying my notes/schoolwork, and remembering the random details of things that people tell me.  why am i grateful for this?  because it has helped me excel in my job at bvh -- i am a pro at remembering peoples names, a phenomenal filer, and am extremely efficient in the work that i do.  at least that's what i get told every day.


[3] life.  i was recently having a conversation with my grandpa and his friend, who are both in their 70s, about life and getting old.  i said to my papa's friend, who just turned 70,  "wow - 70!?  you're getting old!"  to which he replies "yea, but some people don't make it this far."  that statement - those 9 simple words - really made me appreciate my life so much more than i have been.  thinking about all of the people who have had their lives abruptly taken away from them made me realize that life is a gift that is not meant to be taken for granted - because you never know when it's going to be taken away from you.


[4] watches.  i'm thankful for watches - they help tell you the time, they're a great fashion statement, and they're there to constantly remind you that work is going a lot slower than you actually think it is.




i'm so grateful for random things.  i can't think of anything else currently, but i'll leave you with this -- my life is perfect.  i am so thankful for the little things that make life enjoyable.  like i've said before, i wouldn't change a thing about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment