Sunday, May 1, 2011

what love really means

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgGUKWiw7Wk

the above url is a link to a wonderful song.  please, please, PLEASE listen.  [i promise] you'll like it.


the song is called "what love really means", and like any girl, i ponder that question more than i should.  


there's a line in the song that says "who will love me for me?"  before someone can love me, I have to love me.  I <-- capital i.  it's hard to love someone who doesn't love themselves.  and i've finally figured that out.  having changed drastically over the past 8 months [not only physically, but emotionally/mentally] i have finally learned to love myself.  instead of critiquing my flaws [but let's get real, i have very few], i have learned to compliment what positive attributes i possess.  


thinking of my non-perfect qualities, i wouldn't change anything.  shocking?  it shouldn't be.  my positive attributes mixed with my flaws mixed with my quirks make me the person i am -- the person everyone loves.  people love people with challenging pasts; they like to see what trials have molded the person into who they are today.  


at the end of the song [which is a christian song, by the way] it says "i will love you for you."  the artist is referring to Christ, but i like to think of it as my future husbands words.  it's comforting to know that someone will love me for me, despite what i've gone through [which actually isn't a lot.  i've been pretty blessed]  


 am i the only person who is excited for someone to love me as much as i love them!? [besides my parents/sisters/dog/family]  i'm freaking out over here!!!  but again, i think that love means loving yourself enough to allow others to love you.  don't think of your flaws and put yourself down when you could be praising your positive characteristics.  that's something that i have had to figure out for myself, and now that i've adopted that principle in my life, i'm the happiest i've ever been.



I LOVE ME FOR ME!

1 comment: