Sunday, April 17, 2011

i'm normal. finally.

hi, i'm ali mahterian and i'm finally normal.


but then again, what is normal?  let me rephrase.  hi, i'm ali mahterian and i'm finally thinner than my mother.  


what can i do now that i'm normal?  
well, i can :


[1] be around costco pizza [which is the worlds GREATEST pizza] and not indluge in a piece [or 3].
[2] dress in cute clothes.  being a size XXL [on a good day] doesn't make for the most fun shopping excursions.  being "normal", i can shop in cute stores and buy a medium.  A MEDIUM.  i don't think you peeps understand the legitimacy of the situation.
[3] go in my mom's closet, pick out ANY article of clothing, put it on, and own that shiz.
[4] wear shorts that are a size 10.  a size 10 from target.  now target sizes, i feel, run a tad small.  i can wear size 10 masimo [sp?] brand shorts from target and not have a muffin top.  how bout a round of applause? [said in the sing song voice of rihanna in that one song that i don't know the name of]
[5] be the best babysitter ever!  i babysat a couple of days ago and ran around with those kids and actually kept up!  jumping on the trampoline, walking to the park [and back], constantly getting up and down and up and down, and being around the 5 star cuisine that kids eat was a piece of fruit for me.  i didn't say cake, because i can't have it.
[6] dance.  to say i like dancing would probably be an understatement.  i LOVE dancing.  why?  because dancing is the only time i can be weird and crazy without people judging me.  being a skinny girl, i can dance without my muffin top creeping out from under my size 16 jeans.  [unless i was jenna on 30 rock]
[7] put on a bathing suit.  i have this pink juicy couture bathing suit with ruffles on it that my mom dubbed 'the pink hippo suit'.  she keeps reiterating that it wasn't because i was a hippo, but because it looked like a tutu a hippo would wear.  [think the dancing hippos in fantasia].  when i bought this pink hippo suit last summer, it fit perfectly.  now, it barely fits.  incase you didn't get that, it doesn't fit because it's too big!  it practically falls off!  WHAT THE HECK!!?!?!?  i need to find me a pink flamingo bathing suit.  get it?  because flamingos are skinny.
[8] go to the beach with my skinny friends and feel normal.  or at least not like a beached whale!  hahahahahahahhaha
[9] feel comfortable being photographed.  i HATE being photographed.  or hatED being photographed [past tense]  i detested having pictures taken of me, which was why i was always the self appointed photographer.  if you look on my facebook, i think that most of my pictures are either with a group of people or of me being a goofball.  i purposely looked like a goofball because i thought that would take away from my overly large self.
[10] live the life i've always wanted to live.  and here comes the sentimental, tear-jerker last thing i can do because i'm "normal".  i've been overweight for a longgggg time, as everyone and their mother knows.  i don't think i've ever been as thin as i am now.  the fact that i can go out with my friends and not be the token fat girl brings tears to my eyes.  not really, but it sounded sappy.  i'm truly comfortable with myself.  gone are the days of putting on a fake smile to fit in -- i can smile and mean it.  


i told my mom that i haven't been this happy in a while.  her response?  "ali, i don't think you've ever been this happy!"


i'm ali mahterian.  i still have tourettes.  i still have trouble taking tests.  i still have a mom, a dad, two sisters and a dog.  i still have a gluten intolerance, and i still talk way too much.  but now that i'm normal, i don't obsess over food.  i love having pictures taken of me.  i'm not the token fat friend/grenade.  i feel comfortable in a bathing suit, i can walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded, and i can drive by carls jr without getting a super star with cheese.  and i'm finally truly happy with myself.

2 comments:

  1. Ali you are the coolest person I ( don't) know. Honestly. I LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Ally too. Your blog is awesome and inspiring all at the same time. Come check out what I'm wearing every wednesday. oh and also im your newest follower:)

    xoxo
    www.allymullin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete